EDITED BOOK VOLUME: with ISBN (Print) / ISBN & DOIs (Online) / ISSN & DOIs (Online)
An edited volume is a collection of scholarly chapters written by different authors to present their viewpoints and experiences on a specific theme. The chapters of the edited volume being contributed by different authors undergo a peer-reviewing process to ensure the quality and finally the consistency in style and content flow is managed by the volume editor. The chapters of the edited volume should be original & unpublished works of the author.
Edited volumes can be excellent books if they are conceived thoughtfully and managed well by the editor. A successful edited volume is more than an expanded version of a thematic journal issue, but is itself a coherent intellectual project and should be considered that way from the beginning. The key focus of an edited volume is the presentation of multiple fresh perspectives on a particular subject, informed by a broad spectrum of scholarly insights and research expertise, and to work against its main vulnerability of the topic.
The editor(s) of an edited volume is responsible for determining the book’s purpose, structure, style, etc., and invites individual eligible contributors to write chapters. Selecting the contributions may involve an open call for a chapter or maybe conducted privately through colleagues and collaborators. The editor is also responsible for managing the peer-review process to ensure the quality of selected chapters and keeping the writing process on schedule. The editor may also be a chapter contributor to the volume. The editor also carries out the linguistic and substantive editing of the chapters before submitting the manuscript to us.
Editor is fully responsible to invite contributors, manage peer-reviewing, accept chapters, edit and organize the contents in view of objective of the edited volume.
Edited Volume Proposal Submission:
Editor need to send / submit full soft copy for review and proofreading with contents and details in editable MS word file format. ( Normal page layout, Page size – A4, Font size -12, headings/sub titles – 12 Bold, Line space – 1.0 OR 1.15 in Double/single column with at least normal margin – 2.54 cm on all sides. Author / Edited Book Editor need to send us 2 files in only editable M.S word format :- File 1). All prior pages – Preface to Table of Contents, and File 2). Introduction to References, Annexure etc.
Full Soft copy in 2 Files: ( with selection cover image/ photos )
File – 1. (Prior Pages in editable M.S. word file format)
- Page 1. – Title of the Book and Author’s name / Edited Book Editor’s Designation(s), Affiliation
- Page 2. Copyright Page / Publisher page (blank)
- Page 3. – Preface
- Page 4. – About the Book
- Page 5. About the Authors / Book Editors (short biography as paragraph with photo)
- Other pages as per author’s / book editor’s choice.
- Table of Content page/ Index (with main headings in serial number as 1., 2., 3., …..)
File – 2 (Main Book contents – all in a single file – in editable M.S. word file format)
- Introduction to References, Annexure etc. (in continuation of page number to File 1.)
References : should be cited in the style prescribed in the publication manual of (APA / MLA Or any specific).
Cover page Photos/Images: Authors/Book Editors can send us own choice of photos/images as clear .jpg/.png file in email attachment.
To publish an edited volume with RCSP, the editor may submit an edited volume proposal to us.
- The subject field/domain, target audience, and specific theme of the proposed volume.
- Proposed Title and approximately number of pages.
- Intended contributors and your strategy on inviting them for valuable contribution.
- A paragraph write-up on why the readers would find the book (if published) as valuable reading.
- Length of the book (in terms of chapters) with proposed chapter titles.
- The proposed time frame within which you expect to submit the book (after peer-reviewing and editing).
- Any other information regarding the proposal.
We value the quality of the published content and hence suggesting editors take sufficient time for reviewing and editing the book before final publication. The volume editors should prepare a well-drafted call for chapters to clarify their vision for the book that would allow the participating authors to articulate the significance of their own contributions. We encourage volume editors to select only the strongest chapters among those submitted to them.
Edited Volume Processing Charges:
|Print Book Publication charge : ISBN (Print)
||Rs.400 to 1000 INR / $ 20 to 150 USD
(Per Book – As per number of pages and copies)
|Online Book Publication charge : ISBN (O)||Rs.5000 to 50000 INR / $ 200 to 1000 USD
(As per total number of pages).
|Online Publication with ISSN & DOIs||Rs.5000 to 50000 INR / $ 200 to 1000 USD
(As per total number of pages).