Special Issues: with ISBN (Print) / ISBN & DOIs (Online) / ISSN & DOIs (Online)
Special issues may be either themed around a topic that is particularly current or coincides with some event or conference. Special issues are considered to be good for the discipline for drawing attention to a particular topic. Special issues usually attract more attention than regular issues, as a consequence, the articles are often highly cited. The special issues can be categorized in the following 3 types :-
- Conference Issue / Seminar Issue (Or any academic event Special Issue): Visit this link to know more and submit a proposal for Conference Special Issue.
- Thematic Issue (Or Themed Special Issue):
- Sponsored Issue (Or Sponsored Special Issue):
Special issues get handled by one or more guest editors in coordination with the journal’s editor(s). For some guest editors, this may be their first experience of editing a journal, so they may seek additional support and advice for-
- Awareness of the standards used by the journal, including expectations for rigorous peer review and ethical behaviour.
- Guidelines to appoint guest editors and reviewers along with production formatting requirements.
- Editorial management (online submission and reviewing workflow) system.
If there are a relatively small number of papers in a special issue, the journal reserves all rights to merge issues together into an ongoing regular issue.
SPECIAL ISSUE PUBLICATION